In attendance: Leyna, Rob, Jacki, Braeden, Skye, Luther, Ruth, Alex
1.We will have a small colloquium on Nov. 8 at 2:30. The room is tba. Abstracts must be sent in to email@example.com by Oct. 25. We plan to provide pizza.
2. We will have an end of midterms get together at Skyzone for awesome trampoline fun! This we be Sunday Oct. 27, probably at 2pm but definite times will be decided after looking into possible group pricing.
3. We are still working on brainstorming what is the best use of our fundraising money, if you have any ideas please let us know! We are considering an internal scholarship, which we tried before without success but may be worth trying again. Any other ideas are welcome :)
4. Bake sales. We plan to book the next bake sale on Wed. Oct. 30 so we can have a halloween theme! To make it more fun, we will all dress up in Greek or Roman themed costumes! We are still waiting on confirmation about table booking but we will keep everyone posted. We will do bake sales once a month.
5. We are most likely planning to meet at Ruth's house for trick or treating for Winnipeg harvest! More details to come. We will also tell classes that we are collecting non-perishable goods which they can bring to the common room once we get a bin :)
6. Just a reminder that Dr. Michelle George is presenting her lecture on The Dead of Vesuvius in Ekhardt- Grammite Hall at 10:30 on Oct. 7th. There will be a chance to talk to her and ask questions before her lecture at 9:30 in the classics common room, 4G07. Refreshments will be served.
Lots of exciting things are happening so we hope you can all participate! Fell free to email us with any questions.